- This event has passed.
Fairy Tales: Archetypal Forays into the Deep Psyche
May 31 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This Event is Sold Out.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be placed on the waiting list.
Fairy tales surprise, delight, and inform. Revealing the dynamics of the psyche, they speak to both personal and universal human experience through stories that are rich in images and symbols. In this seminar we will experience the vitality of fairy tales and, using Jung’s essential ideas and concepts, explore the ways in which the tales can be helpful in working with relationships, dreams and the basic questions of existence.
The sessions will occur on six Sundays, from 1:00 – 3:00 PM.
The first three sessions will be led by Dunbar Carpenter.
- Sept. 9, 2018
- Sept. 16, 2018
- Sept. 23, 2018
The second three sessions will be led by Dominique Marguerite.
- Sept. 30, 2018
- Oct. 7, 2018
- Oct. 21, 2018
Continuing Education Credits are available, with one hour of CE credit for each hour of attendance. CEUs will be available for purchase
, at a cost of $10, which will cover all CEUs earned over the six-session seminar.
Attendance is limited to 12 people. If the seminar is full and you would like to be added to our waitlist, please write to us at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please call 503-223-3080.
Von Franz, M. L (1982) An Introduction to the Interpretation of Fairy Tales. Asheville, NC: Chiron Publications. This will be our primary text, in addition to the particular fairy tale or tales that will be the subject of each seminar meeting. The fairy tales to be discussed at each meeting will be sent to each participant by email or distributed at the time of the seminar.
Further readings (optional):
- Birkhäuser-Oeri S. (1988). The Mother, Archetypal Image in Fairy Tales. Toronto, ON: Inner City Books.
- Chinen, A. B. (1993). Once Upon a Midlife. NewYork, NY: Putnam.
- Kast, V. (1999). The Mermaid in the Pond. New York, NY: Continuum.
- Murray Stein and Lionel Corbett (Eds.). Psyche’s Stories, Volume 1-2-3 (1991-1995). Asheville NC: Chiron Publications.
- Jacobi, M., Kast, V., Riedel, I. (1992). Witches, Ogres and the Devil’s Daughter. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
- Ulanov, A. and B. (1983). Cinderella and Her Sisters. Philadelphia, PA: Westminster Press.