Terrill L. Gibson, Ph.D., is a Jungian analyst, Diplomate in the American Association of Pastoral Counselors, and approved supervisor for the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. Dr. Gibson practices individual and family therapy with Pastoral Therapy Associates in Tacoma. He lectures and writes widely on the basic theme of the integration of psychotherapy and spirituality. He has been a frequent consultant, faculty, supervisor, and facilitator for a variety of Pacific Northwest universities, social service agencies, corporations and religious congregations.
Recent Relevant Publications:
- “Cin-Imago Dei: Jungian Psychology and Images of the Soul in Contemporary Cinema.” Cinema and Psyche: A Journal of Archetype and Culture 73, Spring 2005.
- “Process and Politics in Pastoral Psychology: A Jungian Perspective on the Transformative Imago Dei in Depth Therapy, in The Spiritual Horizon of Psychotherapy, edited by William J. Schmidt and Merle R. Jordan, Routledge, 2009.
- “The Oedipal Child and the Family Crucible: A Jungian Account,” Human Development and Faith, ed. Felicity Kelcourse, Chalice Press, 2004.
- “Wholeness and Transcendence is the Practice of Pastoral Psychotherapy from a Judeo-Christian Perspective,” The Psychology of Mature Spirituality, eds. Polly Young-Eisendrath and Melvin Miller, Routledge, 2000.
- December 4, 1998: Friday Talk: Cin-Imago Dei: Images of Soul in Contemporary Film
- December 5, 1998: Workshop: Cin-Imago Dei: Images of Soul in Contemporary Film
- October 23, 1999: Friday Talk: Paradise and Millennium: A Jungian Reflection on Cinematic Images of the Perfection of Soul in Times of Intense Collective Transition
- October 24, 1999: Workshop: Paradise and Millennium: A Jungian Reflection on Cinematic Images of the Perfection of Soul in Times of Intense Collective Transition
- March 26, 2010: Friday Talk: Politics and Psyche
- March 27, 2010: Workshop: Politics and Psyche
- April 24, 2015: Friday Talk: Jungian Psychology and Analysis As Psycho-Spiritual Event, As Religious Occasion
- April 25, 2015: Workshop: Jungian Psychology and Analysis As Psycho-Spiritual Event, As Religious Occasion