- This event has passed.
Masculine & Feminine: Archetypes in Motion
January 24 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Oregon Friends of Jung, in partnership with The Pacific Northwest Society of Jungian Analysts, continues our series of seminars designed to deepen your knowledge of Jungian psychology. You’ll have an opportunity to learn from and engage with Analysts who are experts in their fields.
The masculine and feminine archetypes are ever-present in the collective unconscious. By bringing more consciousness to the emerging re-balance of these archetypes, we participate in the growth of the collective by tending to our inner lives. As Jung wrote, “what is the fate of great nations but a summation of the psychic changes in individuals?” (CW 9i, p. 47). We will explore the interconnection between the inner and outer Masculine and Feminine and discuss pathways toward a new collaboration.
In keeping with our entire 2020-2021 Lecture series, the seminar will be held online, via Zoom Meeting. Attendance is limited to 15 participants.
Dates and Times
- Sundays from 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- January 24, 2021 – Maureen O’Donnell
- January 31, 2021 – Maureen O’Donnell
- February 7, 2021 – Maureen O’Donnell
- February 14, 2021 – Cara Barker
- February 28 – Cara Barker
- March 7, 2021 – Cara Barker
- 12 hours of instruction: $195 (OFJ members: $185)
- Sorry, we are unable to offer refunds.
- Continuing Education Credits are available, with one hour of CE credit for each hour of attendance. CEUs will be available for purchase
,at a cost of $10, which will cover all CEUs earned over the six-session seminar.
- Attendance is limited to 15 people
- If seminar fills, and you would like to be added to our waitlist, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call 503-223-3080.
- Johnson, R., The Fisher King & Handless Maiden
- Singer, J. Androgyny ,Chapters 15 & 19 (provided)
- Von Franz, M.L. Jung’s Recalibration of the Feeling Function in Our Civilization (Jung Journal: Culture & Psyche, Vol. 2, Spring 2008 (Provided)
|Maureen O’Donnell, LPC is a Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist with an office in NE Portland. She is a member of PNSJA and a graduate of the C.G. Jung Institute-Zürich. She is a founding member of, and currently serves on, the Board of the Alumni Association for the Jung Institute-Zürich. Maureen has led dream groups in both Portland and Zürich and facilitates personal growth groups. She has a particular interest in the psyche-soma connection and the healing it can bring.|
|Cara Barker, PhD, ARNP, is a Zurich-trained Jungian analyst practicing in Kirkland, Washington. She is also a past Nurse Practitioner. Dr. Barker served as an adjunct professor at Seattle University Psychology department, and has lectured professionally and given retreats and workshops on numerous topics, all of which have to do with realigning our lives with that which is deepest and most fulfilling.|
Related Seminar: The Dynamic Psyche: Working with the Unconscious as Psychic EnergyThis event has passed.